INFORMATION BROCHURE OF FILMS DIVISION, MINISTRY OF INFORMATION AND BROADCASTING
- Encouraging and sustaining a healthy documentary movement in the country.
- Preserving country’s rich film heritage
- Providing outreach platform for documentary and short films
- Promoting film culture through film festivals, seminars and workshops.
- To produce documentaries through in-house talent, supporting freelance producers and through Public-Private Partnerships.
- To inform, educate and motivate people about various programmes, policies and welfare schemes of the government.
- To record and preserve the journey of the nation since independence and various facts of national life on moving images.
- To document the success of the nation, its people and its rich heritage to create a positive image of the nation.
Production of documentary films, short films including public awareness films, animation films and news coverages. Distribution of approved short films to cinema theatres for mandatory exhibition. Loaning documentary films to Doordarshan Kendras, Rajya Sabha TV, Lok Sabha TV, Ministry of External Affairs and other Government departments/Media Units for screening/telecast.
Organizing Mumbai International Film Festival for Documentary, Short and Animation Films (MIFF) and Festival of MIFF award winning films and Films Division films in various places in the country.
1) Production of Films
- Production /commissioning of documentaries/PSA films by Films Division.
- Production of documentaries by Films Division through outside film makers.
- Production of films through NGO
2) Exhibition of Films
- Distribution of approved short films (PSA quickies) to cinema theatres.
- Loaning of films for telecast, film festivals and special screenings.
- Sale of telecast rights and archival footage.
- Marketing of DVDs.
- Making available Films Division content to filmmakers, media students and
film lovers through Archival Research Centre (ARC).
- Making available theatres, sound studio, editing suits and cine equipments
COMMITMENT TO CITIZENS WITH GRIEVANCES
Citizens seeking redressal of their grievances with the organisation can expect that :-
- Their grievances shall be acknowledged and will be given information of the grievances and action taken thereon within a period of 30 days.
- They can meet the Grievance Officer with prior appointment on Tuesday between 3.00 P.M. to 4.00 P.M. If Tuesday is a closed holiday or the Grievance Officer is out of station, he/she can be met on next working day.
WE REQUEST THE CITIZENS WITH GRIEVANCES TO :
- approach the Films Division directly first for redress.
- provide a clear statement of grievances with details of channels previously approached for redress.
- understand that some grievances take time to be redressed.
- Visit our website : www.filmsdivision.org for further details
The address of the Grievance Officer :
Smt. Viplove Rai Bhatia,
Deputy Director General (I/C),
24-Dr. Gopalrao Deshmukh Marg,
e-mail : email@example.com
Any person not satisfied by any service of the Office of Films Division or aggrieved by any other action or inaction by the Office can contact the Grievance Officer for redressal of his/her grievances.
If a complaintant is not satisfied by the reply/response of the Grievance Officer, he/she can refer the matter to the Grievance Officer of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, at the following address :
The Joint Secretary & Chief Vigilance Officer,
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting,
‘A’ Wing, Shastri Bhavan,
If anyone wishes to offer suggestions for improvement of the services provided by Films Division, he/she can send them to the Grievance Officer or drop them in the suggestion Box kept in the reception counter of the office.
For details about offices of Films Division and Distribution centres please see Annexure-I.