D-21013/5/2012-S Dated the 11th November, 2013
SUBJECT :- Bid Notice for procurement of HD Video editing stations –Software and Hardware one each for Films Division, New Delhi and Kolkata.
The Director General, Films Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, 24-Dr. Gopalrao Deshmukh Marg, Mumbai – 400 026 invited sealed bid for procurement of one number HD Video editing stations –Software and Hardware one each for Films Division, New Delhi and Kolkata.
2. The Films Division proposes to set up TWO Video Editing Stations one each for New Delhi and Kolkata with 3TB internal Drive.
3. The Bid is floated in TWO Modules as follows and the bidder is free to bid for any number of Modules.
Module I: Software for MAC based film and uncompressed video editing set up for final Cut Pro X, along with essential proprietary video editing hardware, if any.
Module II: Hardware for MAC based Film and uncompressed Video Editing Set up for Final Cut Pro X.
4. The detailed minimum acceptable configurations of the hardware and software are enclosed in the Annexures identifiable as Module-I and Module-II.
5. Qualifying requirements: The qualifying requirements for participation in the Bid will be as follows:
(a) The bidders should be original equipment manufacturers OR authorized dealers of OEMs of the quoted software and hardware systems.
(b) The Bidder should be financially sound and should have at least three years’ experience in supplying such products.
(c ) The Bidder should have a Service Centre in Mumbai.
(d) Documentary evidence of qualifying requirements as mentioned above along with any other documents supporting their claim as a supplier of Hardware and software of the type mentioned in Modules I & II are to be submitted along with the technical Bid.
6. Films division is looking for the lowest package (Combine of complete system of software, hardware and storage solution) of landed cost of the above items and, the main Criteria for final selection on the bid, Will be the complete cost of ownership.
7. For details please visit Films Division’s Official Website www.filmsdivision.org under the ‘Tenders’ link.
8. The supplier of the Hardware should provide a minimum warranty period for 12 months for the Hardware items from the date of its supply/installation or manufactures warranty whichever is more.
9. The supplier of the Software should ensure that the software should be licensed one and be in the name of Films Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India and provide upgrades and maintenance for THREE years. If it curtails any additional cost, the same should be clearly indicated in the bid.
10. Last date for receipt of Bid is 02.12.2013 at 1.00 p.m.
11.The firms/suppliers/proprietors those who are interested to supply the requisite hardware of branded company i.e. HP, IBM, DELL, SUN, LENOVO, HCL or Any other known international Brand (Not assembled) as requisitioned in Module II and software as requisitioned in Module I can email their queries at firstname.lastname@example.org OR visit Films Division Delhi and Kolkata for clarification/specification, on any working day viz. Monday to Friday from 11.00 am to 5.00 pm in the office of Films Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, 24-Dr. Gopalrao Deshmukh Marg, Mumbai – 400 026. Or D D G (I/C)-Delhi and D D G (I/C) Kolkata. Copies of the detailed configuration of the hardware and software specified in the bid will also be made available to the concerned on request.
12.The bidder except those who are registered with the Central Purchasing Organization, National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) must enclose with the Bid an Earnest Money deposit of Rupees ten thousand only in the form of either cross Demand Draft, Fixed Deposit Receipt, Banker’s Cheque ( Pay Order) or Bank Guarantee from any of the Commercial Bank drawn in favour of D. D. O. Films Division, New Delhi for Films Division New Delhi Office and in favour of “Accounts Officer” ,for Films Division, ERPC, Kolkata valid for a period of 45 days beyond the final bid validity period. The bid which is not accompanied by Earnest Money will not be considered. The validity period/price on acceptance of bid will remain valid for a period of six months.
13. The Earnest Money (Bid Security) shall be forfeited by Films Division in the following events:
i) If bid is withdrawn during validity period or any extension thereon.
ii) If bid is varied or modified in a manner not acceptable to this organization during the validity period or any extension thereof.
iii) If a bidder whose bid has been accepted but fails to furnish the performance security deposit, performance bank guarantee within 30 days of acceptance of bid.
14. The Earnest Money (Bid Security) of unsuccessful bidders will be returned on finalisation of bid. The Earnest Money of successful bidder will be returned on receipt of performance security deposit/bank guarantee.
15. The taxes/duties i.e. VAT, Service Tax etc., leviable, if any may be mentioned separately. If these details are not indicated, it will be assumed that the rate is inclusive of all the taxes, Service Tax excluding Octroi.
16. The bidder should mention his PAN/TAN/VAT number in the bid. A copy of the PAN/TAN Card should be attached with the bid.
17. The bid should be on LETTER HEAD of the bidder. (The bid will clearly be superscripted with “procurement of HD Video editing stations –Software and Hardware for Films Division, Bangalore” and same is to be submitted in a sealed cover. The bid number and date of closing/opening prominently underlined along with the address of this office.
18. The bidders should not mention their name on the outer cover and the bid should be addressed to the Deputy Director General (I/C ),Films Division, Shoochana Bhavan, CGO Complex, New Delhi-110003 and Deputy Director General (I/C), Films Division, ERPC, Doordarshan, Kendra Building, Golf Green, Kokata respectively . It should reach the respective offices by 1.00 p.m. on 02.12.2013.
19. All outstations bids, if sent by post, should be sent under registered cover. This Organization will not be responsible for the loss of bid or for delay in postal transit. Bidders are advised in their own interest to ensure that their offer reaches well before the closing date and time of the bid as the offers received after the closing date and time of the bid will not be considered. The bid will be opened at 3.00 pm on the closing date in the presence of the bidders or their representatives who may be present.
20. The successful bidder will furnish a performance Security Deposit at the rate of 5% of the value of the total in the form of Demand Draft/ Pay Order or Fixed Deposit Receipt or Bank guarantee from any commercial Bank drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, Films Division, Mumbai” within 30 days of the receipt of supply order. The Performance Security Deposit will remain with the Films Division, till the warranty period of the hardware and software is covered.
21. The successful bidder shall have to deliver the materials, immediately as per specifications within FOUR weeks of the placement of the orders at the Films Division, New Delhi and Kolkata premises at their own cost.
22. The full and final payment will be made/released only after the supply and installation of
the hardware and software. No advance payment will be made under any circumstances.
23. Right to accept, reject the entire bid without assigning any reason rests with the Director General, Films Division, Mumbai and his decision in this regard is final and binding.
24. Income Tax or any other taxes will be deducted from the bill at source as per Government orders.
25. Any disputes arising out of the bid notice, process and finalization of this bid shall be subject to jurisdiction of the High Court of Mumbai.
( A. Subramanian )
Asstt. Administrative Officer
For Director General
Encls. : As above
A. SOFTWARE FOR MAC BASED FILM AND UNCOMPRESSED VIDEO EDITING SET UP
APPLE- VERSION- Final Cut-Pro X
(a) The software should be licensed one and be in the name of Films Division, Ministry Of Information and Broadcasting, Govt. Of India.
(b) Upgrade and maintenance for three years
(c) Training of Films Division Editors will be required for 5 days at FD premises. The Cost, if any, should be separately indicated.
MINIMUM HARDWARE CONFIGURATION FOR MAC BASED FILM AND UNCOMPRESSED VIDEO EDITING SET UP FOR FINAL-CUT-PRO X (Download link) and FCP 7.3
1. Quantity TWO
2. Specification (i) Two 2.4 GHZ 6-Core Intel Xeon E 5645 processors with 12 MB of fully shared L3 cache per processor
(ii) 12 GB RAM
(iii) Two No. 27” Apple LED Cinema Display Monitor
(iv) 16X DVD RW
(v) ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1 GB of GDDR5 memory, PCI Express 2.0, two Mini Display Port outputs, and one dual-link DVI port
(vi) KONA LHi Capture card with a Break Out Box (BOB)
(vii) APC UPS 1.5 KVA
(viii) 3TB SATA Internal Drive
(ix) High quality Speaker.
(x) Apple Protection Plan (APP)
(xi) Apple KEY Board with numeric key Pad and Wire Mouse.
Operating Software- OS X Mountain Lion
i) ONLY INTERNATIONAL BRANDED WORKSTATIONS TO BE QUOTED, SUCH AS HP, IBM, DELL, SUN LENEVO ETC.
ii) THE MAKE AND SPECIFICATION OF ALL KEY HARDWARE COMPONENTS SHOULD BE PROVIDED.
iii) THE BIDDER SHOULD ENSURE AND GUARANTEE THAT THE SYSTEM QUOTED CAN RUN FCP X AT AN OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE LEVEL WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS