F.No.AA-11016/1/2013-FC Dated the 30th October, 2013
M/s. DHL Courier Service
1, Khairunnisa Usman Plaza,
Linking Road, Bandra West,
SUBJECT :- BID NOTICE FOR ENGAGING COURIER AGENCY FOR THE YEAR 2013-14 for picking up and sending (Return) film (packages) from Abroad (International).
The Director General, Films Division and Director (MIFF), Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, 24-Dr. Gopalrao Deshmukh Marg, Mumbai – 400 026 invites sealed bids in two bid system i.e. Technical and Financial Bid for engaging courier agency for the year 2013-14.
For details please visit our Official Website : www.filmsdivision.org / www.miff.in
Last date for receipt of Bid is 18.11.2013 upto 1.00 P.M.
2. Films Division, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India, is organizing the 13th Mumbai International Film Festival (MIFF) for Documentary, Short and Animation Films during 3rd to 9th February, 2014 at NCPA, Nariman Point, Mumbai.
Reputed Courier Agencies/firms who are interested to pick up /collect and dispatch (return) of package of films / digital/DVD tapes, publicity material, etc. from various countries for selection/screening in festival can visit Films Division for clarification/specification, on any working day viz. Monday to Friday from 11.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M. in the office of Films Division (Festival Cell), Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, 24-Dr. Gopalrao Deshmukh Marg, Mumbai – 400 026. The parcels contain weight between 1 kg. to 25 kg. (and more than 25 kg. in some cases). The details of work to be carried out are enclosed in the Annexure-I.
3. The bid should consist of the following documents:
i) Profile of the company along with copies of PAN, TIN and VAT Certificates.
ii) Earnest Money in the specified format
iii) A sealed cover superscribed “Technical Bid” containing detailed for foreign countries (International) alongwith list of Branch Offices / Service Centers available in abroad and contact details i.e. tel /fax number, e-mail address etc. BUT NOT CONTAINING ANY PRICE INFORMATION.
4. All the above documents should be self attested by an authorized signatory of the bidder and should be on the letter head of the bidder. All the above items should be placed in a cover superscribed “Technical Bid for engaging courier agency for the year 2013 – 14 for picking up and sending (Return) film (packages) from Abroad (International)”. The outer cover should bear the bid number and date of closing/opening prominently underlined along with the address of this office but should not bear any information about the bidder or any identifiable mark on the outside.
5. A sealed cover superscribed “Financial Bid” containing the rates should be submitted separately in the enclosed Annexure-II
6. The bidders except those who are registered with the Central Purchasing Organization, National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) must enclose with the Bid an Earnest Money ( Bid Security) of Rs.5,000/- in the form of either cross Demand Draft, Fixed Deposit Receipt, Banker’s Cheque ( Pay Order) or Bank Guarantee from any of the Commercial Bank drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, Films Division, Govt. of India, Mumbai” valid for a period of 45 days beyond the final bid validity period. The bid which is not accompanied by Earnest Money will not be considered. The validity period/price on acceptance of bid will remain valid for a period of 90 days.
7. The Earnest Money (Bid Security) shall be forfeited by Films Division in the following events :-
i) If bid is withdrawn during validity period or any extension thereon.
ii) If bid is varied or modified in a manner not acceptable to this organization during the validity period or any extension thereof.
iii) If a bidder whose bid has been accepted but fails to furnish the performance security deposit, performance bank guarantee within 30 days of acceptance of bid.
8. The Earnest Money (Bid Security) of unsuccessful bidders will be returned on finalisation of bid. The Earnest Money of successful bidder will be returned on receipt of performance security deposit/bank guarantee.
9. The taxes/duties i.e. VAT, Service Tax etc. leviable if any may be mentioned separately. If these details are not indicated, it will be assumed that the rate is inclusive of all the taxes, Service Tax excluding Octroi.
10. The bidder should mention his PAN/TAN/VAT number in the bid. A copy of the PAN/TAN Card should be attached with the bid.
11. The bidders should not mention their name on the outer cover and the bid should be addressed to The Director General, Films Division, Govt. of India, Mumbai. It should be dropped in drop box kept near the entrance of Films Division, 1st Phase Building, 24-Dr.G. Deshmukh Marg, Mumbai-400 026 up to 1.00 P.M. on or before 18.11.2013. Bidders are advised in their own interest to ensure that their offer reaches this office well before the closing date and time of the bid as the offers received after the closing date and time of the bid will not be considered. The bid will be opened at 3.00 pm on the closing date in the presence of the bidders or their representatives who may be present.
12. At the first instance the Technical bids will be opened by the Department and the same will be evaluated by the Competent Committee or Authority. At the second stage, Financial bids of only the Technically acceptable offers will be opened for evaluation and ranking before awarding the contract.
13. The successful bidder will furnish a performance Security Deposit a sum of Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand Only) in the form of Demand Draft/ Pay Order or Fixed Deposit Receipt or Bank guarantee from any commercial Bank drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, Films Division, Govt. of India, Mumbai” which is to be deposited as non interest bearing Performance Security Deposit with Films Division which will be refunded within 45 days from the date of termination of the Agreement.
14. All consignment(s) should be sent by air / fastest surface mode, as instructed.
15. The consignment(s) must be delivered to the address only very next day / earliest possible on collection of the consignment from Directorate of MIFF, Films Division, 24-Dr. G. Deshmukh Marg, Mumbai-26.
16. In case of lost or theft of the parcel at your end or in transit thereof, the total costs of the content will be charged / recovered from the Agency.
17. In case of any delay in delivery and / or frequent complaints received for non-co-operation, the agreement made will be cancelled immediately without assigning any reason to.
18. The agency whose quotation is approved by this office is required to execute an agreement for the financial year 2013-14 for which draft of Agreement shall be provided by Directorate of MIFF, Films Division, 24-Dr. G. Deshmukh Marg, Mumbai-400026.
19. There shall be no negotiations in general. Even in exceptional circumstances, negotiations will be carried out only with the lowest evaluated responsive bidder.
20. The full and final payment will be made/released only after the work is completed. No advance payment will be made under any circumstances.
21. Right to accept, reject, split the entire bid or any part thereof without assigning any reason rests with the Director General and Director (MIFF), Films Division, Mumbai and his decision in this regard is final and binding.
22. Income Tax or any other taxes will be deducted from the bill at source as per Government orders.
23. Any disputes arising out of the bid notice, process and finalisation of this bid shall be subject to jurisdiction of the High Court of Mumbai.
( P. S. Bodas )
Asstt. Administrative Officer
For Director General
Encl : As above.
Format for Technical Bid
Sr. No. Details of the work to be carried out Configuration offered by bidder
1. (* )
Collecting / pick up of parcels from the concerned filmmakers from abroad (International)
2. SSending / Dispatch (Return) of parcels containing films / Digital tapes, catalogue etc. abroad (International).
(* ) (We will intimate name of the party with contact address etc. and authorize the courier service to pick up the DVDs / Digital tapes etc. of films, publicity material for which Import Account will be opened by Films Division with courier service.)
Signature of authorized signatory
Format for Financial Bid
Name of the company/firm/Individual__________________________________________
VAT /Service Tax Registration No.____________________________________________
Sr.No. Particulars Rates Taxes, if any Total Cost
1. Collecting / pick up of parcels from the concerned filmmakers from abroad (International)
2. Sending / Dispatch (Return) of parcels containing films / Digital tapes, catalogue etc. in abroad (International).
Films Division has approached Ministry of Information & Broadcasting for getting the order for exemption from payment of Custom Duty. As regards, Octroi Duty, permission will be obtained and will be issued on receipt from them, if required.
Company Rubber Stamp/Seal
Of the firm/Company with date
Signature of authorized signatory